The Soviet Tokarev Pistol was originally adapted in 1930 as the TT30 and put into productiona at Russia's Tula state arsenal. Then in 1933, some minor changes were made and the gun was renamed the TT33. It was produced in huge numbers at Tula, Izhvesk, and other Soviet arsenals, though it never completlely replaced the Nagant revolver during World War II. The TT-33 fired the 7.92x25mm pistol round, which had a bottlenecked case and was demintionally identical to the 7.63mm Mauser broomhandle round. The gun itself could be described in very rough terms as a greatly simplifed Colt M1911. The Tokarev was a semi-auto pistol, held 8 rounds, had no safety device other than putting the hammer at half cock for a marginal degree of safety. The 7.62x25mm round would penetrate well put not expand into the target. The Tokarev was replaced in Soviet service in 1951 by the Makarov. This drawing was done by colored pencil at somewhere around 80% full scale.